- 1 lb Ground Beef (grass fed or lean meat) or ground turkey
- 1 cup Green Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1 box of mushrooms, sliced (more or less to your liking)
- 1 (24 oz) jar of marinara sauce – I use Rao’s or Trader Joe’s
- 1/2 c. fresh shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 c. lowfat mozzarella cheese (optional) – can add more to have a cheesier recipe!
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef or ground turkey in a large pot over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add in garlic, onion and green pepper, and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in marinara sauce.
- Bring sauce to a light boil, then remove from heat.
- Add 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese and stir. Set the rest aside.
- Place a thin layer of the sauce in the baking dish.
- Layer zucchini and mushrooms over sauce, then mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat, alternating layering of sauce, then zucchini and mushrooms.
- Finish with layer of mozzarella cheese on top and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake lasagna at 325°F for 15 minutes, covered with foil.
- After 15 minutes, remove foil, increase temperature to 350°F, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Check their website for more delicious healthy recipes!!